Saturday, May 9, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] v8.3 DPX export renders only black frames

 

an update.  I'm still on v8.3, so I don't know if this is true for v8.3.1


If my video is on the top layer of the sequence then it exports an image.  If there is filler above the image it exports black.

Jay


On May 5, 2015, at 5:03 PM, Jay Mahavier jay_mahavier@earthlink.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:



I need to do more testing, but I can AMA File Export from the Master Clips just fine.  And I made a super simple sequence of 3 shots and that worked fine. I need to get some time to do some testing to figure out what is causing the problem with the more complex sequence that I'm trying to export.  It's time for the ol' divide and fail, divide and fail, divide and fail, divide and fail, divide and fail, divide and fail, divide and fail, divide and fail, divide and fail, divide and fail, divide and fail, divide and fail, divide and fail,………………………

Jay



On May 5, 2015, at 3:29 PM, Marcel Brassard bncrcaxlr@gmail.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:



I was curious so I did a couple test and sometimes I get a clean DPX and sometimes I get a black frame. I didn't have the proper source files so I exported regular QT to PR4444 millions of color + and also without the alpha. There is no valid consistency in my test as either sources are giving me different results base on the AMA import settings. But I suspect that the black frames may have someting to do with the fourth channel.

Marcel


On 2015-05-05, at 12:24 PM, Bogdan Grigorescu bogdan_grigorescu@yahoo.com [Avid-L2] wrote:



FWIW, I tested this morning on a 8.3.0/OSX10.9.5 system and AMA Export to DPX works fine.
Source is Alexa ProRes4444 HD, AMA linked

cheers,
BG



From: Bogdan Grigorescu <bogdan_grigorescu@yahoo.com>
To: "Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> 
Sent: Monday, May 4, 2015 9:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] v8.3 DPX export renders only black frames

Actually, none of the fixes in 8.3.1 are DPX related

cheers, 
BG




From: "Mike Drew edit6969@gmail.com [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com 
Sent: Monday, May 4, 2015 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] v8.3 DPX export renders only black frames

I seem to remember 8.3.1 fixed a few of these issues 

HTH

Mike



 
works fine with ProRes4444 too. directly from Alexa. It even guesses correctly what LUT to apply as Color Adapter.

BG



From: "Bogdan Grigorescu bogdan_grigorescu@yahoo.com [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
To: "Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> 
Sent: Monday, May 4, 2015 9:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] v8.3 DPX export renders only black frames

 
my sequence is based on a 23.98 ProRes422HQ mov file, AMA linked and then cut into it.
Let me check with some Alexa 4444 sources.

BG





From: "Jay Mahavier jay_mahavier@earthlink.net [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
To: Avid-L2 <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> 
Sent: Monday, May 4, 2015 8:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] v8.3 DPX export renders only black frames

 
Source is ProRes4444 in a 1080 23.98 RGB project.  Sequence is AMA linked to the camera masters.  I need to deliver a DPX sequence to the facility doing the grade.  In the past I would at this point to do a video mix down and then use Resolve to convert that to DPX.  I was hoping that AMA File Export would let me skip the video mix down step.  

I can select a master clip that is AMA linked and export that directly to DPX, but not the sequence.

Ugh.  If I can't get this to work I guess the old workflow will still do.

Jay

On May 4, 2015, at 10:54 PM, Bogdan Grigorescu bogdan_grigorescu@yahoo.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:



works fine here. MC8.3.1 on MacOSX10.9.5
what's your source footage?

BG



From: "Jay Mahavier jay_mahavier@earthlink.net [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
To: Avid-L2 <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> 
Sent: Monday, May 4, 2015 8:40 PM
Subject: [Avid-L2] v8.3 DPX export renders only black frames

Trying to export a sequence to 10bit DPX using AMA File Export. And all I get are black frames. There aren't that many options under DPX export and I've tried all sorts of combinations of levels and bit depth and the result is always the same, black frames. Can anyone give me some insight on how to get this to work?

Thanks,
Jay





<Untitled Sequence.02.0091727.dpx>


















__._,_.___

Posted by: Jay Mahavier <jay_mahavier@earthlink.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment