Saturday, May 9, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Up-Rez HD to 4K

 

Until I see uncompressed rgb 1920x1080 to the home I don't think 4k Snd beyond is really about home deliverables.

It's a production convenience, rotoscoping and keying 4k is so much easier than HD or God forbid SD. I care more about raising shot production quality than I do about deliverables.

I hate it as much as the next man when I get 2TB of red 6k rushes for a straight cut tvc for SD delivery to Myanmar but for effects work I want all the pixels I can get.

My smarter clients now only shoot big plates for vfx shots it's the less experienced that just roll 6k in case they need to reframe.

Best regards

Mike 

On 10 May 2015, at 1:36 pm, tcurren@aol.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I was on a panel at NAB and the guy from the BBC said since they are government owned, they have to do use case studies with the actual consumers before investing in new technologies. It didn't fly with 3D and now it's not looking good for 4K.


At the Dolby booth, they were streaming Dolbyvision HDR over VUDU to a Vizio TV. It was pretty impressive. But what was more important was reading between the lines. VUDU said if bandwidth drops, they would drop resolution before dropping HDR because that tested better with audiences. That speaks volumes to me.


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <film35hd@...> wrote :

?...and with Fox Sports and ESPN both announcing a pass on 4K transmission - the marketing hype may fall on deaf consumer ears."

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Mikeparsons.tv" <mikeparsons.tv@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (55)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment