Saturday, May 16, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: DNXiO FAQ

 

So given the BMD UltraStudio 4K Extreme has two power supplies what's up with even mentioning two power cables?  Doesn't the BMD product include two power cords to go with the box?  In an old thread or two I know Bogdan has been dealing with Avid to eliminate the frame of black at the head of every insert edit to tape using BMD I/O.  I've duplicated his suggestions and still get the frame of black.  So as far as I know that still exists.  I find this insulting at this late date of Open I/O.  Now if this problem is magically eliminated with DNxIO, which I can't believe it wouldn't be, then does that mean I could just run the BMD 4K Extreme and no longer have the 1 frame of black?  I realize Avid is going to make sure the DNxIO will be up to snuff but will all he other BMD IO options work correctly when editing to tape?

I can't help but find this bug/oversight to be a deliberate hindrance on somebodies part.  Avid blames BMD but how hard can it be to roll the timeline 1 frame early to avoid the buffered frame of black.  AJA does this between their Sony "A" and "B" presets and the offset parameter is user accessible so the hooks are there why does this still not work with BMD products?  If it starts to work correctly on the DNxIO but continues to misbehave on the other BMD products then there's no doubt it's a software induced hindrance which I can only assume Avid is behind.  I see no reason why BMD wouldn't fix this on their own, but what do I know? 



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <tcurren@...> wrote :

Actually, I would call it a lie unless Blackmagic doesn't ship with actual power cables. From the Avid website:

Q. What are the differences between Avid Artist | DNxIO and the similar-looking Blackmagic Ultrastudio product?
A. Avid has the exclusive ability to offer the following:
  • Two power cables for redundant connection



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <DennyD1@...> wrote :

It's marketing. TMK, no other hardware IO has dual power supplies. As dubious in value this may be, high-end users will appreciate it. This is despite the fact that it means very little in the grand scheme of things. Therefore, it's just a marketing advantage, one of little real value.

Dennis Degan, Video Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
NBC Today Show
Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus


> On May 16, 2015, at 2:17 PM, tcurren@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> Then my question would be what is Avid saying is different since the Blackmagic version also has two power supplies. Does BM only ship one power cord and Avid ships two? Seems a little disingenious to sell that as a differentiator if it isn't one.

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (18)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment