Friday, April 17, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Sequence edited from subclips looses correct source info

 

I wonder if this also happens in the List Tool - I don't think it does. I make EDLs and Source Lists for the same reasons you describe, and haven't run into this issue. Could just be a bug with the Sequence Reporter wanting to prefer Tape names over anything else. I use File_32 EDL format in List Tool and always see the source names.

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 1:45 PM, scottesmith1@gmail.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I'm testing the conform on a project, and ran into a problem I've never experienced.  The DI transcoded Alexa files to offline resolution in Avid 8.3.1, imported the audio, and auto synced the files.  The editor cuts using the subclips.  Typically, when I get the sequence to conform, I generate a sequence report so I know what drives to connect and what clips to link to. Conforming in Resolve, or Avid usually works best by linking to the required media, then importing an AAF and consolidating the media.  I've used this process for several years.  However, on this project, when the sequence report is generated, it says no imported sources, and lists "tapes" which have the reel names of the audio files.  The metadata of the picture files names and path is lost.  


The problem is specific to synced subclips used in the edit.  Non-subcliped files in the edit show up as imported sources with proper names and paths in the sequence report.  Looking at the subclips in the bin, the source file and path show correctly, with no information in the "tape" column.  As soon as those clips are edited into a sequence, the report only lists audio "tape" names.


Does anyone have any thoughts on this.  


Thanks, Scott


__._,_.___

Posted by: Mark Spano <cutandcover@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment