Friday, April 17, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Cine Deck does insert Edits? Somebody Pinch me

 

Yes just like a tape machine and it still ends up as one file.  This is what I was told when I asked if it was doing something like an AS 11 pointers to alternate tracks of media thingy.



---In avid-l2@yahoogroups.com, <rupert@...> wrote :

If I am reading the Cinedeck website correctly then Clipster / Fuze has been able to do the baseband insert into a file thing for years and years. You just need to be in VTR emulation mode. We have been using it in Telecine suites forever.
What you can't do on a Clipster in VTR emulation mode is insert just video or audio - can you do audio dropins on a CineDeck in a pre-existing closed file. That *would* be new and impressive. The other stuff DVS had down over a decade ago…

--
Rupert Watson

+44 7787 554 801
www.root6.com







On 16/04/2015 23:41, "Jeff Sengpiehl jeff@... [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> You simply re-wrap a pro-res recorded elsewhere- and then you can punch into it- figure 12 minutes to re-wrap an hour long prores.
>
>
>DNX quicktimes you can just punch into with Cinedeck.
>
>
>The Clipster/Fuze doesn't have punch in- you put a fix in manually with your DPX timeline, then re-export. If a Rhode schwartz product is dealing with a non-dpx, you need to re-ingest and re-export the whole shebang. This is where Cinedeck
> shines.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>JDS
>
>
> Jeff Sengpiehl | Chief Engineer
>Chainsaw, Inc.
>940 N. Orange Drive
>Los Angeles CA, 90038
>
>
> Phone 323 - 785 - 1550
>
> Direct 323 - 328 - 1608
>http://www. <http://www.chainsawedit.com>chainsawedit.com <http://www.chainsawedit.com/>
>Jeff@...
>
>
>
>
>Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail - it
> was sent using recycled bytes.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>On Apr 16, 2015, at 3:02 PM,
>bigfish@... <mailto:bigfish@...> [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>The Cine Deck is even hipper
> than the "Hipster" app Greg H. used at Fremont street to guide me to a "Sloppy Weiner" at the BunkHouse. While QT Pro has this ability you have to flatten it out, resave, to end up with a single file. That takes time, time I don't waste when inserting on
> tape. The Cine Deck will punch in an insert but still it's a single file ready to go. This is what I was told when I asked if it was using some AS-11 type of pointers trickery to accomplish the insert. So I edit in my change into the file that comes back
> with QC fixes or just creative changes and I'm done just like tape. That's the way I'm understanding it. As far as this being easy then why isn't everybody doing it? Venice can't right now so I was told at Rhode Schwartz. Bottom line a deck like file recorder
> will save me the 3 hours ish of rebaking a long form show every time there is a change.
>
>The multiple outputs to record more than
> one file at a time is also attractive as long as I can punch into my second output file at the same time. I'm told the insert is codec dependent so ProRes and DNX will insert but something like H.264 won't. There are several other codec choices but I don't
> know which ones will insert edit. It did sound like most of the delivery codecs would support an insert.
>
>I see that Greg H. mentions later in
> this thread that the Cine Deck only works on it's own files. That I didn't know but it's not a deal breaker for me.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
www.root6.com/blog<http://www.root6.com/blog>

Visit this site for our latest news and views.

Registered in the UK at: 4 Wardour Mews, London W1F 8AJ

Tel: +44 (0) 20 7437 6052

Company No. 03433253

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (29)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment