Sunday, April 5, 2015

[Avid-L2] Re: Premier Pro to MC

 

Yes I do - How to export a sequence as an AAF without medi... | Adobe Community

 

---

If I export a sequence as an AAF then it expects me to want to include the media, whereas I don't want to duplicate media.

 

If I put the AAF in a bin - with a piece of media (I used black) - then it will export just the AAF without media.

 

Importing this to Avid results in Media Offline - and I could not get normal relinking to find the media (is it possible?).

 

However using this as a guide I found that I could get the media to relink, having imported the AAF to Avid (and ignored the warnings):

 

1. AMA link to all the media that is in your Pr sequence in a fresh Avid bin (you'll need to know where that media is)

2. Select all the clips in that bin

3. Go to the offline sequence, right click and select relink

4a. Select radio button that says 'Relink selected items to selected items in all open bins'

4b. Under 'relink by' select 'start' and 'name', check 'ignore extension'

 

It does require that you haven't renamed any of the clips in your premiere project - that the clip names match the file names.

(In FCP7 there was an option to rename clips to match files OR rename files to match clips.)


---


should work for native (MXF/1) media as well as AMA

been a while since I needed to use it though


__._,_.___

Posted by: trevatpc@yahoo.co.uk
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment