Saturday, February 28, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: current best sata drives

 

Wd caviar blacks are all over my building, maybe 180 drives i have lost 1 in 3 years.

This year Im cycling them all out just to be safe. Most of my raids have wd workstation disks - none lost in 3 years. That's another 64 disks.

However I am a 'I only use 1tb disks' so your mileage may vary with bigger capacities.

Having said that at home I have a synology nas with 5x 3tb regular caviar blacks and that hasn't missed a beat in 3 years either and is permanently on. It's raid 6.

My current plan is to bounce the wd backup disks to lto6 and keep just the raids but swap out the disks by August.

Best regards

Mike


On 1 Mar 2015, at 8:14 am, jrharmony@yahoo.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Seagate has always been a gold standard for me. I have a couple 2TB SATAs that I have been beating up for over a year.

A friend has gone through Western Digital drives more than one would reasonably expect.

JR
Luminosity

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Mikeparsons.tv" <mikeparsons.tv@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (19)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment