Saturday, November 8, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Preventing former AMA files from relinking back to AMA sources?

 

When you say it finally stuck I think what you might have seen is something I run into all the time when I open previous versions of sequences.  This is not ama specific but I will consolidate all the uprezzed clips from the AE to a common volume and everything is online with just the volume mounted.  Then I open an older version of the sequence and a bunch of clips go offline thinking they are still linked to the original volumes I've consolidated from.  A relink back to the dedicated volume usually brings things back online but sometimes I have to open the bin containing the source clips and relink them back to the dedicated volume.  Perhaps this kind of thing is what was unsticking some of your clips and later you stopped opening bins with earlier versions of the sequence.  Just a possibility as I see this happen all the time.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <hoplist@...> wrote :

On Nov 7, 2014, at 11:57 AM, John Pale pale.edit@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Honestly, I have never seen this problem before. 

I have. It was incredibly un-nerving since MC was relinking back to lower res versions each time I opened the project or anytime I ran the Relink function anything. The low res media was Avid transcoded media and the hi-res media was AMA linked.

I had to delete all low-res media used in the project. This did not stop the relinking. It merely ensured that I would see the bad clip so I could fix it.

After constant relinking, MC slowly got the hint and eventually stopped relinking to the old files, but it took a long time and I relinked some files a dozen times before it "stuck."

Cheers,
              tod

Tod Hopkins
Hillmann & Carr Inc.
Media Composer v8.1 Mac
Mac Pro Quad, OS X 10.9.5


__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment