Friday, October 31, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Tick Tock... Tick Tock.....

 



Some decision is needed pretty quickly, since many 
users are still waiting to upgrade.

Either offer it to users through Avid as an "option,"
or have Nexidia release it as a plug-in. 
I don'k users care who they get the functionality from . . .
they just want/need it.



On Oct 31, 2014, at 4:48 PM, owen owen@thenowcorporation.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

It is true that whenever I show phrasefind to a client they are awed. These two apps are so special I hope the two parties can come to agreement. It is really important to the long time health of the Avid Media Composer.

thanks,
owen
PS I hope the higher ups at the two companies realize compromise is the answer!
 
Owen Plotkin
CO
now.
7 w 22 st., Floor Six
NY NY 10010
212 367 7701
http://thenowcorporation.com









On Oct 31, 2014, at 7:33 PM, vq@qmediainc.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
Tic Toc

 

October, 2013

10/31/14 is the anniversary of receiving my purchase of ScriptSync and PhraseFind for $1,345.  Six months later, on April 30, 2014, AVID has moved on to MC8 and SS & PF aren't included.

 

May, 2014

 I was asked to be an instructor in a round robin event "Comparing Editing Platforms" for TIVA-DC.   There were three rooms each showing either AVID; PP; or FCP X.   The idea was to demonstrate in 25 minutes "why I love this editing platform".   I did the AVID room.

 

I showed: timewarp; ScriptSync and PhraseFind; tracking; advanced keyframes; fluid morph; AMA; and so on.

 

Some of the biggest oohs and aahs were from seeing ScriptScript and PhraseFind.  That was painful to me because by 5/22/14 I knew that my long-term access to my recently purchased & expensive AVID options of SS and PF had become a  "maybe".

 

They are such a great features. Please, let's push to keep them.

 

AVID has a commitment here.  I hope they don't betray valued customers like myself and many of my colleagues.

 

Is hope a strategy? 

 

Tic Toc

 

What recourse or accommodation is AVID giving to owners of ScriptSync and PhraseFind? These expensive options cost MORE than a brand new MC8 license.

 

If AVID really can't work out the licensing deal with Nexidia, I hope they will AT LEAST REALLY SUPPORT MC7 for those of us who can't afford to leave it entirely right now.   

 

Unless we keep this discussion going then I believe hope will be our only strategy.

 

Thank you for your time and attention.

 

Best,

 

Virginia Quesada

 

ACI Certified Instructor – all levels

Adobe Certified Instructor – Premiere

Producer/Editor  Q Media,Inc.


vq@qmediainc.com

 



__._,_.___

Posted by: Benjamin Hershleder <ben@contactben.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (49)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment