Friday, October 31, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Tick Tock... Tick Tock.....

 

Or let nexedia just release it as a third party plugin.

Otherwise bouke can write one for us.

On 1 Nov, 2014, at 6:33 am, "vq@qmediainc.com [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 


 Tic Toc

 

October, 2013

10/31/14 is the anniversary of receiving my purchase of ScriptSync and PhraseFind for $1,345.  Six months later, on April 30, 2014, AVID has moved on to MC8 and SS & PF aren't included.

 

May, 2014

 I was asked to be an instructor in a round robin event "Comparing Editing Platforms" for TIVA-DC.   There were three rooms each showing either AVID; PP; or FCP X.   The idea was to demonstrate in 25 minutes "why I love this editing platform".   I did the AVID room.

 

I showed: timewarp; ScriptSync and PhraseFind; tracking; advanced keyframes; fluid morph; AMA; and so on.

 

Some of the biggest oohs and aahs were from seeing ScriptScript and PhraseFind.  That was painful to me because by 5/22/14 I knew that my long-term access to my recently purchased & expensive AVID options of SS and PF had become a  "maybe".

 

They are such a great features. Please, let's push to keep them.

 

AVID has a commitment here.  I hope they don't betray valued customers like myself and many of my colleagues.

 

Is hope a strategy? 

 

Tic Toc

 

What recourse or accommodation is AVID giving to owners of ScriptSync and PhraseFind? These expensive options cost MORE than a brand new MC8 license.

 

If AVID really can't work out the licensing deal with Nexidia, I hope they will AT LEAST REALLY SUPPORT MC7 for those of us who can't afford to leave it entirely right now.   

 

Unless we keep this discussion going then I believe hope will be our only strategy.

 

Thank you for your time and attention.

 

Best,

 

Virginia Quesada

 

ACI Certified Instructor – all levels

Adobe Certified Instructor – Premiere

Producer/Editor  Q Media,Inc.

vq@qmediainc.com

 

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Mikeparsons.tv" <mikeparsons.tv@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (50)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment