Friday, August 1, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Nesting Sequences in Sequences and Linking

 

I compared to FCP only to clearly describe the function. I do not fault MC for not doing everything FCP can. If I were going to pick on MC, I'd go after more embarrassing weaknesses, like Pan and Zoom. ;)


Cheers,
                  tod


On Aug 1, 2014, at 11:29 AM, Marcel Brassard bncrcaxlr@gmail.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Ok! You are correct but in Avid you can sub-clip a sequence and get the sequence TC in the sub-clip. Try that in FCP.

:- )))


On 2014-08-01, at 11:13 AM, hoplist@hillmanncarr.com [Avid-L2] wrote:



I'm I correct in understanding that there is no way to nest one sequence in another such that it remains dynamically linked to the original, as is possible in FCP?

For instance, in FCP I commonly nest my uncaptioned master sequence into a second sequence to add captions. In FCP, I can update the original, and both sequences will reflect the changes. It does not appear that I can do the same thing in MC.

This technique is very handy for layered versioning as well as for multi-image programs. 


Tod Hopkins
Hillmann & Carr Inc.











Tod Hopkins
Hillmann & Carr Inc.




__._,_.___

Posted by: hoplist@hillmanncarr.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Yahoo Groups
New Feature! Add Polls to Conversations
You can now include a poll directly within your message. Members can view, vote and add poll options either via email or on the group. Try it today!

Did You Know?
Learn more about how to search within your groups.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment