Friday, August 8, 2014

RE: [Avid-L2] Avid Support

 

It took me some time to blast my dongles with the new support contract.  I learned that when you enter the code it now takes a business day for Avid to internally approve the upgrade.  I assume this is with the new crossover in subscriptions etc...  My code indicated that I was pending approval.  I failed to note that info as I'd never had to wait when entering the code.  An Avid employee contacted me off list and helped straighten things out.  Then my second dongle system had no dongle updater file shown on the product page so I had to reach out to the same Avid employee.  It turned out the paper work for my second dongle based system had not indicated I had a dongle so the updater file download didn't appear on my product page.  I guess we now don't turn in our code for a dongle updater file.  Avid knows if you have a dongle and will provide a link to the updater file right on the product page.  This all assumes they have the right info on file.

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment