Saturday, August 23, 2014

[Avid-L2] Re: Sony a7s AMA Plugin

 

"And a good chuck of the footage is shot in Sony S-Log2 (with or without S-Gamut) -- requiring a LUT (although I can deal with the transform myself). "I don't have a solution for the ama pluging.  You mention 3rd party software.  Does Resolve handle these files?  Also when you deal with the LUT transform what tools do you use?  Are you creating a LUT or just adding a color correction to get to REC 709 or some other color space?  I would think in order to create a proper LUT transform you we need some form of test charts to be shot but I've never created a LUT so I'm just guessing.  I always feel like I'm just shot gunning it when  I apply  a color correction to stretch things out that come in Log C.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <blafarm@...> wrote :

I am trying to work with files from the new Sony a7S in Symphony 8.1 (it's the new 1080/4k low-light monster camera).

The camera uses a flavor of MP4 that is called XAVC-S.  And a good chuck of the footage is shot in Sony S-Log2 (with or without S-Gamut) -- requiring a LUT (although I can deal with the transform myself). 


I (and apparently others) have tried the traditional importing method -- and it's a no-go.  We have also tried AMA using Sony's XAVC AMA plugin, however the plugin does not seem to support XAVC-2 (or S-Log2 and S-Gamut for that matter).


http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/pdzk-ma2


This camera is quickly gaining traction -- but seemly requires 3rd party software to use within Media Composer.


Anyone know of another resource worth trying?


Thanks.

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Yahoo Groups
Did you Know?
Learn about creating and deleting Groups Tables


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment