Saturday, July 26, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Quicktime Export

 

It depends on whether you imported the original media or AMA'd it. Chances are that if you AMA'd you wouldn't have been able to export as same as source anyway.


If it's imported, then the "same as source" codec means that you are exporting as DNxHD probably, so you can only really read that file on a computer with either Media Composer on it or with the Avid codecs installed. If you want to take the file and do whatever you want with it, then you should NOT export as sames as source. You should export as one of the other options - like QT or ProRes or BMD or AJA or whatever your installed codecs allow you to export as. I exported a bunch of stuff recently as Apple Intermediate codec and it worked well on all Macs I tried it on. Trying to export a QT Ref file gets you in the same boat as same as source, only then you can't even move the file at all. 

Steve

On Jul 26, 2014, at 6:29 PM, "bakertv1945@yahoo.com [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Sorry people having trouble again. I am trying to export out of Avid a QT movie. It Exports same as source to desktop. I can import and open in Avid. I try to put onto a DVD as a file but then I can not import or do anything. I have an Edius tried to import it sort of plays. But I can transfere the file to another desktop to open in another editor. What have I done wrong now? Thank You



__._,_.___

Posted by: Steve Hullfish <steve4lists@veralith.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment