Saturday, June 28, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] [BUGS] User Settings Forgets + Fonts

 




Hi Rich,

I feel your pain.
It was likely one of your posts I reviewed last night.
I tried a bunch of things last night and got über frustrated.
Seems there needs to be an Interface setting that lets the user force MC to display a particular font for the Project Window and for bins no matter what font is saved with the bin file. I guess it'd be like CSS with web pages. The content is the same, but its display can be changed by simply changing the style sheet.

And I'm with you, the behavior is a PITA.

Thanks for commiserating, and affirming that there isn't a solution/fix as yet.

Have a good weekend,

B
----
Benjamin Hershleder
Book: http://tinyurl.com/AvidMC-Book
Film: http://TheBronxBoysStillPlayingAt80.com
Site: http://ContactBen.com



On Jun 28, 2014, at 2:52 PM, RRF Avid rrfavid@hotsprocketfilms.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Hey Ben,


I'm still experiencing the issue where projects and bins 
brought over from other systems will open with a strange font being used. 

Yep.  I posted this one several weeks ago and never was able to solve it.  It happened to me when I went from 7.0.2 on a laptop to 7.0.4 on a new coffee can Mac Pro.

Another poster suggested some changes to Font Book, but they didn't work for me.  I am still stumped.  And it still is a pain in the *ss.

Anyone?

- Rich

OS X 10.9.2, MC 7.0.4


On Jun 28, 2014, at 5:24 PM, Benjamin Hershleder Ben@ContactBen.com [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Happy Saturday gang,

RE:
v7.0.2
OS 10.8.5
(I just updated to 7.0.4 today, 
so I'll see if the update clears-up 
the behaviors mentioned below)

1.
Frequently, I have to remap the Replace Edit button 
between the Splice and Overwrite buttons (see attached pic).
<edit-buttons.jpg>
Even with new User Settings and trashing MCState, 
it often reverts to the Fast Menu Tool Palette.
Anyone else experiencing this?

2.
I'm still experiencing the issue where projects and bins 
brought over from other systems will open with a strange font being used. 
I'm seeing different fonts being displayed for the Project Window and for the Bins.
I spent ages last night troubleshooting this, with no luck.
I remember a discussion about this on the L2, and I did look at some past threads,
but none of the suggestions worked for me.

Nothing life-threatening about either of those, but certainly annoying/frustrating.

Cheers,

B

----
Benjamin Hershleder
Site: http://ContactBen.com












__._,_.___

Posted by: Benjamin Hershleder <ben@contactben.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Check out the automatic photo album with 1 photo(s) from this topic.
edit-buttons.jpg


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment