Friday, May 16, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: ScriptSync and Phrase Find no longer available

 


I'm just trying to be helpful and informative. I figured since you guys use this to get your work done, I would give an update.  If you don't want me to provide updates let me know. I have plenty of other things I can work on.

Have a good weekend. 





David Colantuoni
Senior Director Product Management | Creative Apps | Storage
ISIS | Pro Tools | Media Composer | Sibelius | AMG

Avid
65 Network Drive
Burlington MA. 01803 
United States Of America
david.colantuoni@avid.com 

From: "Knut A Helgeland knut@toxic.no [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Reply-To: "Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, May 16, 2014 at 2:13 PM
To: "<Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Re: ScriptSync and Phrase Find no longer available

 

They're selling tickets at the door without a show. 

A desperate and clueless approach.

K
___

Den 16. mai 2014 kl. 17:39 skrev "David Colantuoni david.colantuoni@avid.com [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>:


Couple of things

  • I am deeply involved in the negotiations, negotiations have been on-going for a long time with a lot of effort put in place to resolve, it's never as easy as it seems, however.
  • Avid and our partner (and all partners) have to look out for their own business interests, but both realize the importance of ScriptSync and PhraseFind to our industry.
  • We released V8 to roll out new business models (Subscription, Floating, new support options).
  • This business models for subscription allow us to roll out regular updates.
  • Hopefully I can report good news sooner than later
  • In the future the MediaCentral platform will allow partners like Nexidia to use their technology new and innovative ways.  That's in the future but not that far off.
Dave








David Colantuoni
Senior Director Product Management | Creative Apps | Storage
ISIS | Pro Tools | Media Composer | Sibelius | AMG

Avid
65 Network Drive
Burlington MA. 01803 
United States Of America
david.colantuoni@avid.com 


From: "Eli Tishberg etishberg@gmail.com [Avid-L2]" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Reply-To: "Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, May 16, 2014 at 11:02 AM
To: "Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Avid-L2] Re: ScriptSync and Phrase Find no longer available

 

Phrasefind is incredibly useful and unfortunately I was stupid enough (like all of us) to pay for it. How could they let that agreement lapse? And will I get my money back for a feature I can n longer use in 8? (I don't really expect this but when I bought it none said 'btw, you may be buying something you can't use in a few years !")

I recently bought the artist color because   a) I bought Baselight, and b) because at NAB the guy who was doing my demo told me that there is FINALLY much better artist Color support in 8, which he said he saw and played with, but they took it out for his NAB software, So there is a good reason to upgrade to v8 (in the future) and a great reason to not upgrade (no Phrasefind).

David, I know you are getting needlessly hammered for something you didn't do, and  I know you said they are working on it but my guess is it's the suits looking at the bottom line working. Can you please explain to them the importance of PF and SS in many peoples workflow?


Thanks..hope it gets resolved soon or 7 is it for me…


eli

eli tishberg
director | editor
directoreditor.tv

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)

Just launched ! Link preview on Yahoo Groups
Visit your Group on the web, simply paste the link to the article, photo or video you wish to share in the message you are composing.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment