Saturday, April 12, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Sony F-500 First birthday keystrokes?

 

I'm on a different F-500 today at another production company and on this model holding down "0"(zero), "Set" & "Clr" buttons on power up appears to give it a first birthday like I've done on SRW-5500 decks.  It's kind of hard to tell it it's done the first birthday.  The only way I can see something happen is to set the system freq to something other than 23.98 like 59.94i.  Then holding the aforementioned keys down power up and see if the deck wakes up in 23.98 mode.  If I see that happen I assume the 1st birthday happened .  It doesn't seem to happen every time I try the keystroke and power up so I'm curious if there is something else that I can use to indicate completion of a successful 1st birthday.  After it happend once I had to try 3 more times to get it to happen a second time.  I didn't notice a double screen refresh or some sort of indication that it was 1st birthdaying only a system freq change is my indication it happened.  Is ther a more consistent way of approaching this?



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <bogdan_grigorescu@...> wrote :

159, but i'm still in Vegas, so I might be wrong

Cheers,
BG
www.finale.tv


From: John Moore <bigfish@...>;
To: Avid L2 <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>;
Subject: [Avid-L2] Sony F-500 First birthday keystrokes?
Sent: Thu, Apr 10, 2014 10:41:41 PM

 

I thought it was holding down set, clr and "0" when powering up a Sony SR deck to give it a first birthday.  I have an F-500 rental today and I wanted to give it a new lease on life with a first birthday.  Anybody remember the key combo while powering up to give this deck a swift kick in the behavioral glands?
 
John Moore
Barking Trout Productions
Studio City, CA
bigfish@...

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment