Saturday, February 1, 2014

[Avid-L2] Illeagal Levels on AMA'd QT from sequence that is legal?

 

I just noticed an oddity on a series I'm doing.  I've had no QC issues from the network but I'm curious about something I found when I ama'd the final output file.  My workflow is an Avid Mac SNDX V 5.5.3.7. 1080i/59.94 project.  DNX 220 media.  I export a QT ref of my sequence which has an upper track Safe Color Limit Effect set to 16-235 and 422 checked.  Playing out the sequence everything is legal and triggers no 1% alarms with Tek Defaults.  The same is true when I digital cut to HDCam.  I use QT Pro to make a self contained QT in Avid DNX.  When I ama back to this file and manually set the field order to upper everything plays fine and color bars are dead on.  What I found was there are a few frames of a Sapphire Glow transition that trigger the alarms from the ama'd file.  The same frames are fine on tape and straight out of the sequence.  Given I exported a QT ref the media for these few frames is the render of the safe color limit.  At these sections the Red Channel goes too high when looking at the ama'd file.  Again sequence fine but the ama'd file is not.  I've had no complaints from the network.  I didn't get a chance to experiment yet but I will start by importing the file traditionally and see if the same error exists there.  I can't really see why when the color bars come back correct why these glows seem to gain a boost in the red channel to trigger the alarm.  These are soft glows not specular spikes like I see sometimes.  Curious if anybody has a thought on this.

Is there another method other than amaing back into Avid that I can use to check the essence of the QT file?
 
John Moore
Barking Trout Productions
Studio City, CA
bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment