Saturday, December 21, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] Does multichannel export in QT work on Avid?

 

You can export QT from MC with multiple channels, but it's limited to the same setup as your audio output setting. Mono, Stereo, 5.1, etc.. This means that actual multichannel exports, with stems as required by many broadcast (Tagless Mix, VO, SOT, Stereo Music, Stereo SFX, for example) still must be created the 'old fashioned' way. Line them up in the timeline as mono tracks, export QT ref, open in QT7 Pro, label tracks if necessary, save as self-contained. Still works.


On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 10:11 PM, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:
 

I remember Avid V6 was said to support more than a stereo pair of audio on QT export.  I did a test a few weeks back and found it didn't seem to work on V6.0.4ish.  Did I do something wrong or does the feature not work in V6.  Does it work in V6.5.x?  The video mixdown work around I mentioned in a previous post is so I can QT ref export to get multichannel audio.  If Avid does do this in V6 I must have done something wrong.  That would eliminate the need for QT ref, although I hate to tie up my Avid for the export when I could use QT Pro.  Any experience with exporting 4 tracks of audio out of Avid 5.5.3.7 or V6 would be appreciated.
 
John Moore
Barking Trout Productions
Studio City, CA
bigfish@pacbell.net


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment