Saturday, November 2, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] OT - Eyeon update Tech and Creative

 

I think I have my resolution needs pretty well covered, so far the most I've actually ever delivered for motion was 8K, but I did once push out a 16K still frame for a poster...

Currently After Effects handles 30k x 30k (960 MP) and Nuke handles 64k x 4k (or 128k x 2k) which is actually a hardcoded viewer limitation of 2ˆ28 (268,435,456 total pixels), but if I was willing to work with proxies in the viewer I believe I can render 2x that.

So 48k x 5.5K would be about all I could do comfortably right now.

Hopefully Nuke 8 will lift these artificial constraints and allow us more freedom.

Course Adobe would probably argue that most people cant tell the difference between 30K and 48K but that's the voice of defeat.

best regards

Mike


On 11/2/13, 1:24 PM, tcurren@aol.com wrote:
 

Mike, you need to get on a real system that does 48K image. If you're not doing that you are an amateur. ;-) 



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment