Saturday, August 24, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] Self Promotion and Yet Another Pitiful Plea to Avid

If you've got Symphony (and thus Boris Continuum Complete) then the BCC Pan
and Zoom is a pretty good tool - it's been my preference for such things in
Avid. Although with that many stills I think I still rather take it out
into something else - if only so that I'm getting native video media to
deal with in Avid, rather than quasi-linked still image files.

Dylan Reeve
http://dylanreeve.com/


On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 3:33 AM, Alan Miller <ammfx@yahoo.com> wrote:

> **
>
>
> Avid FX
>
> Alan Miller
> 48 Hours Mystery
> CBS News
>
> ________________________________
> From: John Beck <jb30343@windstream.net>
> To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 11:22 AM
> Subject: [Avid-L2] Self Promotion and Yet Another Pitiful Plea to Avid
>
>
>
> First, the promotional part. "The Great Plains: America's Lingering
> Wild" parts 1 and 2 will be airing on PBS in early September. In the
> two, 1 hour shows, photographer Mike Forsberg visits about a dozen
> locations in the great plains where he has made photographs during the
> past decade. I developed a lot of respect for Forsberg during the post
> production of the shows. He has an excellent perspective on the ecology
> of our planet and expresses it beautifully in his images. I hope people
> with access to PBS will watch. It's a worthwhile way to spend a few hours.
>
> Now, the pitiful plea to Avid. "Great Plains" contains over 700 still
> photos. I took each one on a round trip through After Effects. A few
> weeks ago, I finished another hour show that had about 100 still photos
> in it. Next month I have a show coming in that has somewhere over 100.
> I'm aware of other ways to animate these photos and I'm sure some are
> faster than After Effects and equally usable. I use After Effects
> because it's a well worn work flow for me and because I have it at my
> fingertips. But, can't we please have a reasonable way to do this right
> inside of Symphony, oops, I mean Media Composer. --J.B.
>
> ------------------------------------
>
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:
> http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment