Sunday, May 19, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] Computer eyeware?

 

I'm sticking with my interlaced lenses... Those progressive things are just a passing fad. I get smoother motion looking through mine, and I don't care if people think my look is 'newsy'.

Out of curiosity, what's different about these Gunnars you mention?

CP

On 16 May 2013, at 19:32, mike cardeiro <mcardeiro@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I bought a pair of progressive lenses a few month back and have been blown away. My screen is clear, and I no longer have the eye fatigue that had plagued me for years (and best of all when I read something I don't have to do the old man looking over his glasses trick)
>
> Mike Cardeiro
>
> Avid Editor - NBC Early Today
> New York City
>
> >________________________________
> > From: Benjamin Hershleder <Ben@ContactBen.com>
> >To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
> >Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:58 PM
> >Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Computer eyeware?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >We're old . . .
> >
> >
> >On May 16, 2013, at 10:55 AM, Roger wrote:
> >
> >> Like I said - Varifocals. No lines. One pair does everything.
> >>
> >> On 16 May 2013, at 17:42, paulsulsky@comcast.net wrote:
> >>
> >>> Hi,
> >>>
> >>> After I got my eyes tested a doctor friend of mine recommended an eyeglass store that was able to take my prescription for reading classes and convert it to bifocals for my computer (reading close/distance for monitor) and driving bifocals (reading close/clear glass distance). They do a good business on volume and discount last year's frames. I got all three pairs including reading glasses for under $200. The biggest cost in glasses seems to be designer frames if you have to have them.
> >>>
> >>> Best Wishes,
> >>>
> >>> Paul
> >>>
> >>> ----- Original Message -----
> >>> From: "swpeng" <swpeng@yahoo.com>
> >>> To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
> >>> Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:15:51 PM
> >>> Subject: [Avid-L2] Re: Computer eyeware?
> >>>
> >>> Mark, these are your EYES we're talking about.
> >>> Don't try to "fix the problem" yourself by going to Best Buy.
> >>> Go to a proper eye doctor & get prescription eyeglasses.
> >>>
> >>> Like poster Jim, I have a low-correction prescription, & it makes a difference.
> >>>
> >>> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com , Mark Santora <mrsantora@...> wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>> I'm thinking about going to get my eyes checked because of all the eye
> >>>> strain I've been having. But as it is I did stop by Best Buy tonight to
> >>>> look at those Gunnar glasses and unfortunately they only make them in sizes
> >>>> for 12 year old boys to wear when they play Xbox. They have adult sizes on
> >>>> Amazon so I'll have to try getting a pair there and see if I like them.
> >>>>
> >>>> Mark
> >>>> On May 15, 2013 8:00 PM, "George Loch" <george@...> wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>>> Agreed except when you have sunlight blaring into the window and you can't
> >>>>> see your screen.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> At the beginning of my career, I went to an optometrist and he told me I
> >>>>> should plan to work 6 months and then go sailing for 6 months. I couldn't
> >>>>> convince my employers :(
> >>>>>
> >>>>> -gl
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> On May 15, 2013, at 8:52 PM, "Terence Curren" <tcurren@...> wrote:
> >>>>>
> >>>>>> And as a warning for those of you whose eyesight isn't going yet... If
> >>>>> you can have a window behind your computer monitor, it is best.
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> Make a point of looking (and focusing) off into the distance as
> >>>>> frequently as possible. The reason older people lose the close focus
> >>>>> ability is the lack of elasticity of an eye muscle. As with any muscle,
> >>>>> more varying use equals longer varying use.
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com , Jim Feeley <jfeeley@> wrote:
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> Me too. My current glasses have a rather low correction factor so I can
> >>>>> still focus on things in the distance (for when I'm out reporting and need
> >>>>> to write/type/operate equipment enough that I don't go sans lunettes). I
> >>>>> got the antiglare coating my optometrist recommended; seems to help
> >>>>> compared to the cheap reading glasses I've tried that don't have the
> >>>>> coating.
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> Long days in front of the computer are still a drag. But the glasses +
> >>>>> periodic breaks looking off into the distance mean my eyes aren't as
> >>>>> tired...
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> Jim "presbyopic but smarter looking" Feeley
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> On May 15, 2013, at 5:49 PM, Greg Huson wrote:
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> I hate to state the obvious, but have you had your eyes checked? It's
> >>>>> normal to lose the ability to close focus at a certain age- different for
> >>>>> everyone, typically mid-forties. I discovered that my computer monitors
> >>>>> were not so close that they needed regular reading glasses, but were too
> >>>>> close that my otherwise (surgically perfected) 20 ˆ 20 vision could adjust
> >>>>> to them.
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> I now have custom made low-power prescription reading glasses that
> >>>>> dramatically improve my comfort with long hours at the computer.
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> Well worth the cost.
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> ________________________
> >>>>>>>> Greg Huson
> >>>>>>>> Secret Headquarters, Inc
> >>>>>>>> Greg (at) SecretHQ.com
> >>>>>>>> www.SecretHQ.com
> >>>>>>>> DigitalServicsStation.com
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> On May 15, 2013, at 5:29 PM, Mark Santora <mrsantora@> wrote:
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> Hey all,
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> Of late I seem to be having a great deal of eye strain from my many
> >>>>> hours
> >>>>>>>>> in front of my avid. I've seen the Gunnar glasses which some same
> >>>>> provide
> >>>>>>>>> relief. Has anyone out there tried these or anything else?
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> Thanks
> >>>>>>>>> Mark
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> ------------------------------------
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:
> >>>>> http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> >>>>>> Yahoo! Groups Links
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> ------------------------------------
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:
> >>>>> http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> >>>>> Yahoo! Groups Links
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >> With best wishes,
> >> Roger Shufflebottom
> >> +44 7973 543 660
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> ------------------------------------
> >>
> >> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> >> Yahoo! Groups Links
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >----
> >Benjamin Hershleder
> >Book: http://tinyurl.com/avidmc-book
> >Site: http://ContactBen.com
> >
> >Wear It In Post!
> >Fun T-shirts, mousepads, mugs & more
> >for Post Production Professionals
> >http://www.WearItInPost.com
> >
> >
> >
> >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
> >------------------------------------
> >
> >Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> >Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (32)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment