Saturday, May 4, 2013

[Avid-L2] Re: Odd Bin disappearing after closing after consolidation?

 

No shared storage. My macpro came with 10.8.2 but by the time I purchased the OS 10.8.X upgrade so I could upgrade my existing 10.6.8 startup drive the App store was selling 10.8.3. Is there a way to still get a full tilt bootable 10.82 version? As it is I had to go through the Lion Disk Maker site and ended up doing the manual proceedure they suggest to make a full tilt bootable USB drive of th 10.8.3 downloaded installer.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, electropura212 <electropura212@...> wrote:
>
> Resource forks have been deprecated for a long time. Apple wants file
> extensions and discourages developers from using them. They are supposed
> to still work, though...so perhaps avid or OSX is corrupting them after
> consolidate.
>
> Are you on shared storage?
> 10.8.3 is not approved by Avid, however, the only problems with it I have
> heard of involve shared storage.
>
>
> On Friday, May 3, 2013, John Moore wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > I found a strange quirk tonight moving a folder of bins of music from my
> > old iMac system OS 10.6.8 mc 5.5.3 to a project on my macpro OS 10.8.3 SNDX
> > 6.5.2 system. All the bins showed up and linked to the music drive fine.
> > I then consolidated to my internal raid and closed the bin. At this point
> > the bin disappeared in avid. I found the bin in the project folder but it
> > no longer had an Avid bin icon. I added the .avb suffix and it reappeared
> > in the project. There were four bins and the first two exhibited the same
> > behavior upon closing after consolidating the music clips in them they
> > disappeared. I added the .avb suffix to the remaining two bins and did the
> > consolidate without issue. I assume this has something to do with a mix up
> > of the resource fork of the files. Perhaps it has to do with the differing
> > OS's and not Avid. Curious what others think. In the recent past I posted
> > about losing bins speculating the wacom tablet might have
> > something to do with it but I think this is something different.
> >
> > John Moore
> >
> > Barking Trout Productions
> >
> > Studio City, CA
> >
> > bigfish@...
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
MARKETPLACE


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment