Saturday, February 9, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] Help for audio files quarantined with CM_INVALID_TRIM error

 

Hi Rob:

Given that AMA+transcode is typically many times faster than
File+Import, you could argue that Avid is pushing editors down the AMA
route through their software design, and deprecating traditional import.

I guess my expectation of AMA is that if I can link to a file and play
it back, then I ought to be able to edit with it without problems.

If you have a link to documentation on the requirements and limitations
for AMA I'd sure like to read up on it. I've never seen anything from
Avid suggesting AMA shouldn't be used with audio sources, for instance.

Regards,
--Michael

On 13-02-09 3:42 PM, Robert Lawson wrote:
> This is not meant as a criticism of Mr. Brockington, but my experience is
> that many people have the impression that the M in AMA stands for "Magic".
>
> The requirements and limitations for an AMA workflow are well documented
> but the common perception seems to be that AMA should work for everything.
> It doesn't help that Avid relies on 3rd parties to develop their own AMA
> plugins and those 3rd party plugins aren't always easy to find. Sony has
> gotten better but I find Canon's support/download site to be frustrating,
> for example.
>
> I encounter many editors, as well, who forget that File + Import is still a
> perfectly valid workflow for many file formats.
>
> ---
> Rob Lawson
> System Administrator, ACSR ISIS, Windows & Interplay
> CBS News
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (26)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment