Friday, January 4, 2013

[Avid-L2] Codecs Ama the musical fruit Cannon XF mpeg2 50 Mbit 422?

 

I was originally told the project I've been working on was shot XDCam.  Today I ama linked to the disk camera media archive masters and Avid calls the video  Cannon XF Mpeg-2 422 50 Mbits (1080i/60).  The AE who told me they shot XDCam did so because he thought the needed the XDCam plugin to work with the footage.  After some research it seems this Cannon codec is similar, if not identical to the mxf files a nanoflash records and also XDCam.  I see there are ama plugins for the Cannon XF series.  Are these required in conjunction with the XDCam ama plugin.  Does the Cannon make use of some of the XDCam plugin when being ama'd into Avid?  I also read there are times when this codec is mislabeled by NLE's as XDCam.  I also saw something about a 100Mbit version that still gets labeled/flagged as 50Mbits.  I seem to recall Greg H. having mentioned something about these confusing elements a while ago.  Can someone refresh my memory with some
practical experience.  If they in fact shot with Cannons in the field it might explain some of the whacky lack of timecode and reel numbers we've been battling in online.  My brain is starting to hurt a lot.  ;-(

John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment