Sunday, December 2, 2012

[Avid-L2] MC V 6.0.3.2 Effects Editor Keyframe timeline Expansion?

 

I had my first V 6 real edit session today and I was finding the way the Effects Editor timeline is expanded and contracted a little strange.  The icon is no longer the button like scale slider thing I'm use to but also I found the dash like slider wasn't always visable on the left side of the effects timeline.  It was almost dependent on if it was the first time I activated the effect.  For example going into effect mode and tapping a paint effect and the slider is there on the left without leaving effects mode and tapping another paint effect and the slider is gone and going back and reactivating the initial effect that had a slider and the slider is no longer there.  I was beating my head against the wall because I couldn't expand the effects timeline.  After a while I noticed that the effect duration seems to play into this which makes sense.  A really short effect, not sure where the cutoff duration is, would never need to have the timeline
expanded.  It still seemed at times I had effects that were long enough to need expansion but I still didn't get the slider.  This was a new client in a new place with of course no real tech support so I might have just been side tracked leading to my confusion but I'm curious has anybody else notice something quirky in the effect timeline expander/contractor scale slider or was it just my frustration level leading me to believe false evidence appearing real, a.k.a. "FEAR".  ;-)

John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment