Saturday, October 6, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Applying an effect to more than one clip in a timeline

 

This worked on Symphony last time I tried it (a few days ago), though I may be working one dot release after yours. There is a certain amount of delay in my own work situation, which is a rather extreme one, with lots of media being addressed through ISIS networked drives. I've learned to wait a few seconds for the beach ball to show up, and then sit tight while all the effects icons show up in the timeline.

The one thing I haven't figured out how to do is apply a stack of nested effects to a bunch of clips in one operation, i.e, pan and scan them all, then color correct them all, etc. I believe FCP is actually superior in this respect. If you can spare the track space, you might want to try dicing out some empty track space with add edits, then apply effects in the correct processing order to the empty tracks above the media tracks.

Good luck. Let us know what happens.

Shirley

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Breuer <tonybreuer@mac.com>
To: Avid-L2 <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sat, Oct 6, 2012 5:32 pm
Subject: [Avid-L2] Applying an effect to more than one clip in a timeline

Symphony 6.0.1.1, MAC Pro 8 core 16 Gig Ram

I'm cutting a corporate gig with a lot of repetitive effects (resizing
backgrounds, PowerPoint slides in a monitor screen, Spectramatte the presenter
and a bug on top) on 5 different video tracks.

It's been a while since I did a job like this, but I seem to remember that I
used to select a series of clips on the timeline by lassoing them from left to
right and then double click on the effect I wanted in my effects bin and the
effect would be applied to all the selected clips in the timeline.

I have tried doing that to no avail on this job and have been dragging and
dropping the effects on each individual clip in order to get what I want.

Did this change at some point and I am not aware of it?

If it did, this is a major PITA. It's a real drag and I'm ready to drop. .

Tony (Pun intended) Breuer

------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment