Saturday, October 6, 2012

[Avid-L2] Applying an effect to more than one clip in a timeline

 

Symphony 6.0.1.1, MAC Pro 8 core 16 Gig Ram

I'm cutting a corporate gig with a lot of repetitive effects (resizing backgrounds, PowerPoint slides in a monitor screen, Spectramatte the presenter and a bug on top) on 5 different video tracks.

It's been a while since I did a job like this, but I seem to remember that I used to select a series of clips on the timeline by lassoing them from left to right and then double click on the effect I wanted in my effects bin and the effect would be applied to all the selected clips in the timeline.

I have tried doing that to no avail on this job and have been dragging and dropping the effects on each individual clip in order to get what I want.

Did this change at some point and I am not aware of it?

If it did, this is a major PITA. It's a real drag and I'm ready to drop. .

Tony (Pun intended) Breuer

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tony - Yes, you're almost right. First, lasso the clips that you want to apply the effect to (or select them by using the red arrow). Then hold the Ctrl key down while double clicking on the desired effect. That will apply the effect to each of the selected clips. If you hold the Alt key down while double clicking, that will sub-clip your selected clips and apply the effect to your selection as one big clip. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete