Friday, August 17, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: Another minor bug combined with a feature request: SAFE ACTION AND SAFE TITLE WRONG

 

The last couple years that's what I've been told. I haven't had anything kicked back but I've tried to be preemptive once I heard and I always ask the production folks and that's what I've been told going on two years or so. I think domestically they air letterboxed so it's really not an issue in the states as far as I know. At least on my direct tv it comes up letterboxed IIRC.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "SP" <sppomerantz@...> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> is that something new? I've never seen that requirement, and I've delivered hundreds of hours of shows to Discovery. Never had anything kicked back for title safe.
>
> Steve Pomerantz
> www.stevepomerantzeditorial.com
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "johnrobmoore" <bigfish@> wrote:
> >
> > Discovery says protect for 14:9 on the shows I've onlined.
> >
> > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Steve Hullfish <steve4lists@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm not disagreeing with the 4:3 in 16:9 safe title. I am disagreeing with the 16:9 in 16:9 safe title. THAT should not have anything to do with whether it's watched in 4:3 or not. There is a separate safe title for 4:3 inside 16:9...
> > >
> > > PBS agrees. I couldn't find a spec for Discovery on 16:9 safe title. Anyone else? Terry, what's safe title for any of your deliverables when they're NOT 4:3 protected?
> > >
> > > Steve Hullfish
> > > contributor: www.provideocoalition.com
> > > author: "The Art and Technique of Digital Color Correction"
> > >
> > > On Aug 17, 2012, at 12:23 PM, johnrobmoore <bigfish@> wrote:
> > >
> > > > As per the Tektronix seminair. 80% of HD content is still watched in NTSC and much of that is center cut. I'm not disagreeing with you facts but if that many people are still watching NTSC most likely over rf modulator ch. 3 I think it's a disservice to the viewers to apply the 5% ish safe title afforded by HD sets.
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment