Friday, August 17, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: Another minor bug combined with a feature request: SAFE ACTION AND SAFE TITLE WRONG

 

Well I recently had to upgrade my direct tv box. I owned my own since around 95 ish back when you had to buy the receiver. Apparently next year my old box would stop working. Perhaps the new SD receiver I have responds differently, although cbs is still center cut in prime time as is abc. Hmmmmmm. Tell em to keep making the "mistake" I like it letter boxed and then I don't have to switch to my DTV OTA box to get full picture.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Dennis Degan <DennyD1@...> wrote:
>
>
> On Aug 17, 2012, at 1:23 PM, johnrobmoore wrote:
>
> > I did notice the the Prime Time 30 Rock with Brian Williams was
> letterboxed on my DirectTV SD converter. IIRC that was originally
> center cut as per NBC's policy that news programming would be center
> cut and prime time letter boxed. Did that policy change at NBC? Cue
> D.D. for more enlightenment. My 2 cents is good call NBC I prefer it
> letterboxed.
>
> I offer:
>
> NBC's policy is that News and Sports programs are to be center-cut in
> 4x3. Entertainment shows are to be letterboxed.
> I can't explain why a News show (I assume you are referring to "Rock
> Center with Brian Williams", NOT the entertainment show "30 Rock")
> would be shown letterboxed. Perhaps someone didn't set the AFD flag
> correctly that night. Maybe DirecTV did it, I don't know. I have not
> heard of any policy change.
>
> Dennis Degan, Video Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
> NBC Today Show, New York
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment