Friday, July 20, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Anyone buy a Wacom lately?

 

I have been using an Intuos Medium Bluetooth for about a year and I
personally would like a larger one mainly for the precision. I find
the pixel density of the medium when used on dual 27" monitors makes
it hard to "click" or select smaller items like check boxes or mask
handles. I keep a mouse handy so when I get completely frustrated I
drop the pen and use the mouse. Otherwise, I love the tablet. It can
still cause injury if you are not careful with posture btw. However,
every time I start using a mouse again my wrist gets cranky.

-gl

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:41 AM, johnrobmoore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:
> I felt the large Intuos 4 was a little large when it arrived in the mail. I'm use to an intuos 1 or 2 9x12. I also have an intuos 3 9x12, 6x8 and graphire 6x8's. I haven't held the large intuo 4 next to the 9x12's to compare but I think the intuos 4 is more of a 16x9 ish widescreen shape so it might be wider than my older tablets. I've worked on an intuos 4 medium and it was fine for symphony color correction.
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Dan McCabe <danlist@...> wrote:
>>
>> For all you Wacom users (whose posts from a week ago have got me
>> thinking about picking up a Intuos 4) which size would you
>> recommend? Happy Medium size users? The large looks a
>> little...large.
>> Thx
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012, at 07:27 AM, johnrobmoore wrote:
>>
>>
>> I don't think the wacom mice are wireless in the RF sense. They
>> work on the tablet much like the pen. I know on one of my intuos
>> 3 tables there is a toggle for mouse mode or pen mode. Basically
>> that takes it out of an absolute position mode to a mouse like
>> response so you can pick up the mouse and move it to another part
>> of the tablet without the cursor moving until you drag the mouse.
>> I guess the wacom mouse doesn't have a wire on it, just like the
>> pen, but there is a wire to the tablet unless you are using a
>> bluetooth model.
>>
>>
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment