Friday, July 20, 2012

[Avid-L2] SNDX 4.0.5 mac AMA to transcode or consolidate that is the question?

 

SNDX 4.0.5 mac AMA to transcode or consolidate that is the question?

Starting an online where they are linking ama to 35mb xdcam or xdcamex footage.  My gut and limited experience tell me to take the ama linked clips and transcode or consolidate for all the avid media goodness.  I see there are some non ama clips at dnx 220 and a few SD 2:1.  I'm not too worried about the time difference between consolidating and transcoding but I would like to stay native just to see how it works.  I know it will require a video mixdown if I want a reference QT but will I have performance issues that will create problems when laying off to tape if I stay native with the xdcamex 35 mbits media?  I'm on a  mac pro 10.5.8 2x3Ghz Quad Core Xeon  with NVidia GeForce 8800 GT.  TIA

John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment