Friday, July 20, 2012

[Avid-L2] Field Motion Parameter When is it set and how?

 

Field Motion Parameter When is it set and how?
I'm working on a show that has a mixture of 59.94I DNX 220 clips and XDCAM EX 35Mbits (1080p/29.97) clips.  Most of the video is interlace so that is my project type.  I see the green dots on the EX clips for the auto motion adapter of both fields.  I can manually change the field motion on the ex clips to interlace and refresh motion adapters to get rid of the green dot auto motion adapters.  Am I being too anal here?  I just don't like an effect if I don't have to.  As I wrote above the EX clips are shown as 1080P in the video column.  When is that determined and by what?  These are ama linked clips that have been consolidated.  Does the project type when I do the consolidate determine the 1080P or is it derived from metadata in the EX native clips?  I was told by the AE that when mounting and linking to the high res ama EX clips I had to have the project in 29.97P format.  I assume that means that it would play a role in the ama relinking
process but I don't know for sure.  I didn't try to break it yet but any experience or insight would be appreciated.  The field motion parameter can be adjusted manually one clip at a time as far as I can tell.  Is there a way to batch change a bunch of clips?  I'm on mac sndx 4.0.5.  TIA

John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment