Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: fcp to Avid with AMA

ohh. I like that idea much better.

thanks Terry


On Jun 27, 2012, at 10:33 AM, Terence Curren wrote:

> You can also convert the clips with handles to MXF media with Auto Duck, then drop them in Avid's media folder, and your new AAF import will relink to them.
>
> AMA I haven't played with as much in Duck.
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Lou Wirth <loutv@...> wrote:
> >
> > Been spending a few hours on this now and just about ready to give up but thought I would check with the list to see if there is anything else I am missing. Taking a 30 minute sequence in FCP (stripped down to cuts only rough) and using Duck to get it in MC 5.5. FCP version is 7 and its the latest Duck version.
> >
> > I followed Wes' tutorial to the letter and even followed another slightly different tutorial. I export with the proper settings to set up AMA relink. Import AAF into Avid just fine. Get the sequence and clips offline. Use "Link to AMA volume" and go into Capture scratch to fine folders, add each one (there are many) so I now have a huge bin full of yellow AMA clips. Select my original clips and go to Relink, using the settings Wes has in tutorial, select the AMA link and keep others simple. I linked a few dozen clips but nothing I do lets me link the rest. I feel like the problem may be how the media clip names were changed in the FCP project but maybe not.
> >
> > Any last ditch efforts before I abandon and make a QT to import?
> >
> > thanks
> > Lou
> > Lou Wirth Productions
> > 500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
> > Corte Madera, CA 94925
> > www.louwirth.com
> > 415-924-9411p
> >
>
>

Lou Wirth Productions
500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
Corte Madera, CA 94925
www.louwirth.com
415-924-9411p







[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment