Wednesday, June 27, 2012

[Avid-L2] timeline scrolling (was Re: Symph upgrade came!) Now Artist Panels connection?

 

From what I've seen with my Artist Color panel I believe the transport panels also use the Eucon interface to connect. I've had very so so connection stability running tests on V6 with the panel hooked to a switch that the MacPro is hooked to. Both ethernet ports are used on the MacPro. One to hook to an older unity using connection manager 5.2 and the other hooks to the facility network. I haven't tried all the configurations that I've seen with the second ethernet port because of the current infrastructure. It does however connect to multiple computers hooked to the switch. Both my MBP and the Mac Pro can connect but it has a tendency to lose the connection while working quite often in my tests. Are the transport panels more stable with these connections over a network. If it is an absolute requirement that the panel hook directly to the computer to stay connected that is not how the software seems to be intended and it should be fixed. It's bad enough that the "granularity" of the controls is not precise enough when dialing in parameters but to also lose connection is just rubbing my "trying to be hopeful" nose in it

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Terence Curren" <tcurren@...> wrote:
>
> You could also use on of the Artist controllers for zipping around the timeline. Like the "Transport" <<http://www.avid.com/US/products/Artist-Transport>>
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "dave_harrison_edit" <davealbumania@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, Tony, I didn't know about the Powermate working in the timeline. I'll keep that in mind! I think what I'll try (having been inspired by this convo) is moving the Mighty Mouse to the left of my keyboard instead of to the right of the tablet. With the pen in my right hand it's more awkward to use the scroll wheel, and it's more of a reach.
> >
> > I wrote Wacom and asked them as a feature request to allow timeline scrolling in pro apps, so we'll see if that goes anywhere. Similar to FCP7, I mapped Shift-Arrows (left and right) to do that kind of jumping.
> >
> > I have an Intuos 4. I may just be having a lack-of-caffeine moment, but I don't see an obvious way to program the wheel for Media Composer timeline jumping. Can you please describe the setup?
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment