Sunday, May 6, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Project won't launch from desktop?

 

Hi John,

Check that you have permissions to write to the root level of your HD.

Get info on your HD and verify that Everyone is set to read/write. It
sounds like it is set to read only, which is the default for Lion. Do
not select apply to enclosed files and folders; just make the change at
the root level.

Every time you perform a permissions repair (which you probably did
before using CCC right?) it will revert to read only.

Hope this helps, but if it doesn't please let me know as I'm sure I'll
be hitting the same issue shortly...

Rich

Regards,

Richard Kelly
Avid Certified Support Representative
Mac, PC, DS, MediaNet& ISIS
Avid& IT Sales& Support

Atomise Limited
Ph +64 4 232 3336 Admin
Ph +64 4 380 5010 Sales/Support
Mob +64 21 86 33 94
Skype richard7kelly
richard@atomise.co.nz

Atomise Limited
Editing Solutions Experts

On 6/05/12 6:47 PM, John Moore wrote:
>
> My clean install disk for SNDX 6.0.1.1 works fine so far. I then
> switched to my clean install disk and installed SNDX 5.5.3. It works
> but if I drag a file to the desktop like I did with the 6.0.1.1 disk I
> can't open the project from the desktop. I get an error:
>
> Exception: DISK_DIR_NOT_FOUND,filename:???
>
> Funny if I take the project on the desktop and put it into a new
> untitled folder I can open that. WTF? I have repaired permissions
> curious but no change. It opens the project fine when it is in a
> folder on the desktop. This didn't happen on the 6.0.1.1 system and
> this drive is a carbon copy clone of that drive before any Avid was
> installed. Curious if others have seen this one.
>
> John Moore
>
> Barking Trout Productions
>
> Studio City, CA
>
> bigfish@pacbell.net <mailto:bigfish%40pacbell.net>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment