Saturday, April 21, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Today's HULLFISH TIP

 

Here's my offering...

I always have locators disabled, but on the occasions when I do want to add a comment when I'm parked at a point on the source monitor, I hit the locator button twice.... And you're able to add a note. Really handy, to me anyway.

CP

***
Christopher Pitbladdo
Digital Buddy
496 Ferry Road
Edinburgh
EH5 2DL
Tel: 0131 552 553 0
Mob: 07590 570 683
www.digitalbuddy.co.uk

Credit list available at www.digitalbuddy.co.uk/creditlist.pdf

On 20 Apr 2012, at 18:34, Steve Hullfish <steve4lists@veralith.com> wrote:

> So, when I find something that I think other people will find possibly useful, I'll try to pop a tip onto the list. I did a similar string of tips called "Hidden Gems" in my CUT N COLOR blog on www.provideocoalition.com.
>
> Today, is a simple one that some of you may know.
>
> I was adding a bunch of markers/locators to clips in the Source timeline that were really just a series of IN points in the clips.
>
> I didn't want to do any notations when I hit the locator button, but the little "Marker Pop Up Window" kept coming up every time I added a Marker so that I could type in information about what the marker was for.
>
> Since they were just In Points, I didn't want to put ANY information in there and I didn't want to be interrupted by the pop up.
>
> If this applies to you, here's what to do:
>
> Click on the Tools menu in the Menu bar.
> Go to the Markers menu item.
> Click on the Hamburger or FastMenu button in the bottom left corner of the Marker Tool.
> Choose one of the "Disable Marker Popup" menu choices. I chose "Disable Marker Popup Always."
>
> Hope this helps. Share the love.
>
> Steve Hullfish
> contributor: www.provideocoalition.com
> author: "The Art and Technique of Digital Color Correction 2nd EDITION" (AVAILABLE AS OF NAB 2012)
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment