Sunday, April 22, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: Thunderbolt SATA dock?

 

My problem is that I need to go the other way ( that's what she said!)

I want to connect my Mac pro which has a sata card to thunderbolt, so I can migrate footage to a portable drive I can travel with. A card would be fine, but EVERY booth I asked at said Apple won't allow it. Atto, LaCie, etc etc.

I recently bought the macpro and assuming another one comes out with thunderbolt, I don't really want to buy it again. Currently I use the sonnet box to a 3/4 card. ( which is held with rubber ands since it doesn't click in) to talk to ESATA graid which I transfer the material to.

Thunderbolt has really been kind of a letdown, with not that many storage options available. Promise, LaCie, and the sea gate with the $99 connector option. I'd be happy with a 2tb mini-raid(2-2.5" drives) that had a ESATA AND thunderbolt, but no one wants to go there either.

Plus my raid uses a high point card so nothing will see it but a high point card ( hardware raid obviously)

eli tishberg
live director | editor
directoreditor.tv

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment