Friday, February 3, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Unity database files bug?

 

The folder structure pre-existed on the local drive. I just put the media into the 1 folder. It did build the databases. I can tell, because I deleted the ones there and the timestamp on the ones it built is correct.

Jay

On Feb 3, 2012, at 10:24 PM, johnrobmoore wrote:

> Or the old standard, create a title or something to the local drive and let Avid create an new AvidMediaFiles folder. Drag you copied media in the "1" folder inside the mxf folder etc.... I'd be surprised if it didn't rebuild the database. I work with a hybrid unity and SanMP and we have to manually rename the "1" folder to Edit.07.01, .02 etc... so other bays don't try to rebuild the databases on the SanMP volumes. I never added a discriptor after the last digit with . in front of it. I'm surprise that worked but then I'm surprised I remembered to tie my shoes this morning. Learn new tricks every day. I've never worked in a Lion environment but have been playing with V6 on OS 10.6.8 for now and it seems to work for my basic tests with the Artist Color Panel and Resolve roundtripping.
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Dom Q. Silverio" <domqsilverio@...> wrote:
>>
>> The Avid bin will always reflect the last known location of the media.
>>
>> We never tried modifying the media folder name by adding anything after .#
>>
>> Did you try it with a Snow Leopard system?
>> When you moved it to the local drive did you reconfigure the folder
>> structure to reflect a local drive structure (aka move the media out of
>> "computer name.1" folder)?
>>
>>
>>
>> On 2/3/2012 10:56 PM, Jay Mahavier wrote:
>>> And even more messed up. I can't try the Unity reboot until later, so in the mean time I tried unlinking the files and relinking. Oh, they relinked. Relinked to the Unity volume. And the media isn't even on there. Buggy.
>>>
>>> Jay
>>>
>>> On Feb 3, 2012, at 9:18 PM, Jay Mahavier wrote:
>>>
>>>> Ok, so recently upgraded to MCv6 on Lion. We have a Unity 5 system in house. I'm use to being able to organize my media into folders and rename them and have the media be online and be able to rebuild the databases. As an example, if my system is named Avid01, the default folder in the MXF directory is Avid01.1. All my new media goes in there. But in the past, I could make other folders with names like Avid01.1_Prod_01, Avid01.1_VFX_01, etc. and it would rebuild the databases when I added media to them. But now it's stopped working. Only folders named like Avid01.2, Avid01.3, etc are being scanned. Am I the only one having this problem? Because it sucks.
>>>>
>>>> Sorry for sounding so upset, but I'm really starting to hate Unity after many years of thinking it was awesome. And with the cost to move to ISIS I'm thinking that if and when we are done with this Unity system that I'll be done with Avid storage all together.
>>>>
>>>> Jay
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
>>>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
>>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment