Friday, February 3, 2012

[Avid-L2] Basic Mpeg Streamclip data rate?

 

I've got an HD show 1 Hour 5 minutes.  I output from the SNDX downconvert to our DVD recorder as a letter box.  The AE took the DVD into Handbrake and ripped an m4V file.  Then on her mac pro she is using mpeg streamclip to make a .mov h264 720x486.  The progress indicator on her system shows a data rate of 2.1 ish Mbps.  I also made a same as source QT out of the SNDX to the desktop on my mac pro.  Now I've logged into my mac pro with my MBP over gig ethernet.  I opened the the exported same as QT and set it export a quicktime h264 and set the size at 864x 486 to maintain the 16x9 aspect ratio.  On my MBP the mpeg streamclip progress indicator shows 530 Kbps.  Just curious why the data rate in this indicator is so much slower.  Am I misunderstanding this indicator?  I'm thinking it is the data rate of the file it is creating but is it just an indication of how fast the system is process?  I'm not usually dealing with these types of exports
that are going on our server to be accessed remotely and through Vimeo as well.

John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment