Saturday, February 18, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Need a little assitance - Bluray writing for Mac

 

I'm using a Samsung SE-506 External Slim Blu-ray Writer, which is
working fine so far, writing both data and playable blu-ray disks. It
is actually advertised as working with OSX, which seems to be a less
than common feature.

My only real complaint is it has no option for DC power, which means it
has to tie up two USB ports, and the USB Y-cable is quite short, which
limits placement. The disk tray seems a bit flimsy, but time will tell
how durable it is.

Cheers,
--Michael

On 12-02-17 9:28 AM, Perrone Ford wrote:
>
> I need a little help folks. I am new to all things Mac, but have been
> doing ok for the past few months. However, I have a need to write
> BluRay disks from my Mac. Data only, I don't need playable disks. Is
> anyone doing this, and what works?
>
> I don't need it to be portable, so speed far trumps size as far as I
> am concerned. And is Toast still the basic standard for doing this on
> a Mac?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Perrone Ford
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment