Saturday, October 1, 2011

[Avid-L2] Re: 31 character limit - even twitter allows 140

 

I'd like to throw my hat in on a somewhat related topic.

In the year 2011 -- why does repeatedly pressing the delete key in Media Composer -- end up backspacing over one's text. I mean, I think Apple solved this issue a long time ago.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Abel" <doug@...> wrote:
>
> I hear ya, and I do use folders but when the shoot days break 100 (current project is up to 120) even that doesn't help. I like to have bin names that start out specific (person interviewed, or shoot date) and then be able to add a few reminders of what's in there, but in 31 characters my abbreviations become silly.
>
> It's easy to break matchframe/find bin when you're autosyncing clips, often the wrong bin will open.
>
> Anyway, I still would like more than 31.
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Cook <jeff@> wrote:
> >
> > Ive had enough trouble with people abusing the 31. Like any file system, it wants categorization and keywording, not prose. You're prob talking about both and still need to store functional data.
> >
> > While not a 31 digit problem, this demonstrates my point: I got a log from somebody with the name of a tape being exactly this:
> >
> > "This is the tape we shot last Sunday"
> >
> > My solution is to put folders inside other folders and (during the edit, anyway) Matchframing back to see any other hierarchy. Not only does this not carry through to filesharing workflows, but - and this was classic - Avid couldn't match to a clip two folders deep. I dunno if Avid MC Software can do that now, but I sure hope so.
> >
> > So yeah, 31 character limit prob sucks for some people.
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment