Saturday, July 16, 2011

RE: [Avid-L2] Re: Lower End Reference Monitors

 

>I second the JVC recommendation; we have three DT-R24L4D's and find them to
be very capable.

I'll openly admit to never being a JVC anything fan, however I just DIT'd a
high end Alexa commercial and video assist had 4 of them. I was very
impressed at the overall quality and adjustment capability. We where
monitoring in S-Log as I find Arri's REC-709 output a bit to punchy and
crushed. I was very easily able to build a rudimentary LUT by simply
misadjusting the monitor to render a proper looking grayscale. While I much
prefer the OLED monitors for black level I would not object having to use
this monitor.

I would recommend this monitor from a value and image quality standpoint
with the understanding it is not an engineering grade monitor.

Tom McDonnell
Cinematographer/Operator/Dit/Joat
Los Angeles, CA
New Orleans, LA

__._,_.___
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment