Friday, May 27, 2011

Re: [Avid-L2] Capturing non TC source into Avid

 

Yes Deck Control is off the red "Don't do That" symbol is over the deck icon. I have the Timecode source: set for auto Detect and I named the tape DVD. I just renamed it again with a new name and still I get the same error. I also tried with TC on or off.

I'm running v 5.0.3.7

 
Jason Gillet
Editor/Engineer
Moving Pictures NYC

________________________________
From: Steve Hullfish <steve4lists@veralith.com>
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2011 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Capturing non TC source into Avid

 
Do you have deck control turned off? Look for the button that looks like a tape deck and turn it off. The TC track doesn't actually matter. Once you have the deck control off, you still need to assign a "tape name" but that can just be "DVD." I do this all the time for scratch narration. Deck control needs to be off. TC can be on (it will just use time of day, IIRC)

Steve Hullfish
contributor: www.provideocoalition.com
author: "The Art and Technique of Digital Color Correction"
co-author: "Color Correction for Video: revised edition," "Avid Xpress Pro Editing Workshop" and "Avid XpressDV On the Spot"
presenter: Class On Demand's "Complete Training for Avid Media Composer" AND "Complete Training for Apple Color"

On May 27, 2011, at 9:56 AM, Jason Gillet wrote:

> I haven't tried to dig a DVD into 5.0 up until now. I usually use MPEG Stream clip. For some reason I am unable to load a non TC source into Avid via capture tool. I have no TC selected loading Component using Analog XLR and Timecode Source: is set to Automatic. I am getting this error message:
> Exception: In order to do an In-Out Capter, the Capture Tool must be in deck control mode and the TC button must be enabled.
>
> I just want to hit record and load the footage. I don't need TC. Why can't I do this????

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment