Saturday, April 16, 2011

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: FCP X... Discuss...

 




"Keywording is not only searchable, but automatically organizes all "clips" into
keyword based bins. (I suspect old-style fixed bins are gone, but keywords
would do the job as well)."

Will I have options and choices on how I want to store and organize things, or does FCP X know best from now on? I definitely like the idea of being able to search across bins on the basis of keyword, but why does bin organization have to go away? Maybe I just want to create a location, put something in it, then retrieve it without having to perform a search operation. What if I forget what keywords I associated with the clip? Bins show me what I have whether I remember clip names or not, and sometimes when I go looking for the thing I want, I find the thing I really need right next to it.

I can see the advantages of keywords, certainly; but for Apple to decide that this is the only way to work (if that's the case), sounds rather patronizing to me. Patronizing in the same way that deciding I don't need a source window anymore is patronizing.

Shirley

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Hodgetts <philip@intelligentassistance.com>
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, Apr 16, 2011 4:46 pm
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Re: FCP X... Discuss...

On Apr 16, 2011, at 4:25 PM, Multimediac wrote:

> Will have to try it but I don't really see any difference between this and
using markers. With markers, when you click on them in the browser it opens as a
subclip in the viewer; or... if you load the entire clip in the viewer and jump
from marker to marker, the clip remains in tact.
>
> Unless "keywording" is searchable.

Keywording is not only searchable, but automatically organizes all "clips" into
keyword based bins. (I suspect old-style fixed bins are gone, but keywords
would do the job as well).

But you can't have 10 markers that overlap. You can have 10 or any number of
range based keywords that overlap, or not. "smart collections automatically
created for keywords" (Ubillos) and "The collection is based on Queries"
(Steinaur). (Which also leads me to believe I am wrong that the project format
is XML based, but that's another blog post).

Philip

Philip Hodgetts
President, Intelligent Assistance
AssistedEditing.com Taking the boring out of post
Big Brains for Rent bigbrainsforrent.com
The New Now - Grow your business - ProAppsTips.com

Personal Blog http://philiphodgetts.com
Cell 818 335 3916

------------------------------------

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell
phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next
cell bill.Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment