Friday, April 1, 2011

[Avid-L2] Re: "Failed to get the same temporal offset from the AMA Plug-in"/ XDcam Relink?

 



--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "johnrobmoore" <bigfish@...> wrote:

<<I read on one of the Avid forums that in order to relink ama media it is often, if not always, necessary to have the ama bins open for the relink to work.>>

This can be true, but not always. AMA is far from an exact science at this point. I have had projects that reopen without the AMA bins and everything works. I have also had projects where the AMA bins were closed and nothing relinked until I reconnected to the AMA files. I have also had sequences where some of the clips relinked, and some didn't until the files were reconnected.

And I have even had sequences where some of the clips refuse to ever relink and have to be recut into the timeline. As I said, it is an inexact science, and should be used with caution.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment