Saturday, March 19, 2011

[Avid-L2] Avid DVD by Sonic failure

 

I have used Avid DVD many times to make DVD folders without problems until
now. The disk is to have 3 movies totaling 1 hr 50 minutes with a 15-second
video background for the menu (DVD folder burning failed without that video
background also) and music for menu. The render has failed 4 times after 2.5
hours each time while rendering a second or third audio component. I was able
to produced a Blu-ray disk without problems. I started the DVD file from the
BD version and also from scratch. I had some audio glitches (minor) when I
had mixed down the audio tracks in MC and used non-mixed down tracks for the
successful BD. I have tried the DVD version with QuickTime files created from
mixed-down audio and not. I have used VBR low quality and CBR low quality
with 800MB free on the disc per Avid DVD (burning to folder). The error
message is "Avid DVD by Sonic has stopped working. Windows will close the
program and notify you if a solution is available". I had successfully
exported to a DVD disc from MC a single movie. I have a ProMax turnkey PC
system MC v4.02, Avid DVD v6.1, and QuickTime. Suggestions? Thanks. David.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment