Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Re: [Avid-L2] Using Avid for Quibi Programming Format? AKA a Vertical Video Project in Avid?

Found it!


Stays funny! (Yeah, I'm a guy.)

Bouke / edit 'B

videotoolshed.com
Van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS Nijmegen, the Netherlands
+31 6 21817248
If you want to send me large files, please use:
https://videotoolshed.wetransfer.com/

On 27 Aug 2024, at 18:19, bouke <bouke@editb.nl> wrote:


On 27 Aug 2024, at 16:49, Marianna <marianna.montague@avid.com> wrote:


This is, in short: 
'how to trash as much resolution as you can while having the most horrible framing.'

I'm old enough to have toyed with the AE training CDrom containing a HD clip of a guy to chroma key.
For getting the most resolution to pull off the key, and he was getting a repos / scale anyway, the cam was rotated 90 degrees.

If you're doing both 16:9 and 9:16, shoot twice / frame twice / direct twice (and rotate the cam for the 9:16). You simply cannot do the same jokes in both aspects.
(Eg, giving the viewer more info than the protagonist; the angry dog around the corner will be the anvil over him. (Now I'm going to find the I am Weasel anvil episode.))

For mobile, I don't get it. Let the end user rotate his device. For billboards, fair enough. (I must admit I HATE moving images in public space, I will never go to a bar where there is a TV set on.)

Bouke / edit 'B

videotoolshed.com
Van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS Nijmegen, the Netherlands
+31 6 21817248
If you want to send me large files, please use:
https://videotoolshed.wetransfer.com/


 
Working on your email questions…….
Marianna
 
Marianna Montague
Sr. Director, Customer Experience and Community
t +1 (978) 640-5215   |  m +1 (813) 493-6800 
marianna.montague@avid.com 
Avid | Remote - Florida
United States Of America
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment