Monday, July 15, 2024

[Avid-L2] PNG Image Sequence - Linking Hell(p)

I'm struggling with Linking a PNG image sequence and wondering if any of you have ideas.
Basically I've received a PNG image sequence of a hand-drawn animated shot.
I'm Linking to the PNGs since the shot is oversized to allow for pan/scan and alternative (thanks tik-tok) frame sizes.
I'm not super well versed in Linking so I'm hoping I'm just doing something wrong, or maybe one of you has a workaround

Two issues I'm having:
First, Media Composer refuses to Link these as an image sequence so I've resorted to Linking these PNGs as individual frames. Not ideal, but I can work with that.  Yes, I do have "link sequentially numbered images" selected in my link options.

Second, and more annoying. Upon trying to bring in the files, MC is ignoring some frames in the sequence and refusing to Link those specific frames.  Basically in the animation there are a few repeated frames - as in, the image holds for a few frames (like frame 6 is identical to frames 7 & 8). But the image sequence provided covers these holds with individual frames (for 1 sec at 24fps, I've received 24 frames).
It seems like what's happening is MC is seeing no change in image for repeated frames and so skips them on import. But the frames have individual sequential names and I'd think MC would just bring them in.

If I just Import instead of link, the Image sequence comes in as a Clip AND all frames are respected. But again, it's an oversized shot so Linking is my preferred approach.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated.
Thanks!
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#136464) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment