Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Re: [Avid-L2] Drive indexing USB 3 vs 10gig on QNAP Finder level performance on DPX folders & Locating BCC Pan and Zoom stills on Valentine's Day?

That's an interesting suggestion.  I recently learned that Avid deliberately disables indexing on Nexis workspaces.  There is a terminal command or some such hidden file that will enable/disable it but Avid doesn't suggest it.  I think there is a concern of performance loss with the indexing.  I'll bring that up as a possibility to try but I really think there is something at the core of the QNAP architecture that makes the finder so sluggish.  On my old Cheesegrater the Graid pops up in seconds and none of my newer macs come close to that connected usb 3.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#136420) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment